Spend it wisely as if it is your money – employees do not care
and waste resources. Will you do the same if it is yours!
Instill this in minds of your employees.
Let them know the cost of coming late for the job
Company has invested in resources, that remain
unutilized if not attended in time – you have only
24 hours in a day!
When untrained or not properly trained employee
uses the equipment, it gets damaged
Who is the loser? The Company.
- Good employees use pencil hoders for fullest use of
- They go home only after planning and setting the job on
machine – set the chuck and drills, etc. So that time
not wasted next morning. Nor wait for instructions
- In Europe, employees coming early, will park their
vehicles in distant available parking lot – for keeping
nearest lots for late comers. This way, they save
company’s time to get on the job. Beyond self!
- In natural resource industries, they provide a van with
Tires to go round and help the trucks with puncture
- Also, they engage people to remove Logs serial
Number plate from the Log, so that it does not obstruct
Peeling lathe operation
- Set right measures – you cannot manage if you cannot
- Piping – welds per day
- Internal roads in Forestry operations – km per
7) Specifications – Study the specs and see that
One may not end up in odd lots of materials.
Consultants go by books (for them, it is OPM).
8) Also, combine the requirement for procuring.
Buying in bulk is always an advantage.
9) Using iron rods cut-ends, and other materials in
Internal road construction
10) Hollow bricks construction where possible,
for managing environment temperature
11) Using chequred plates for flooring on pipelines,
Cables, wiring, piping platforms
12) Using Iron & steel for handls, staircase, where
possible (not stainless steel, brass, etc.)
Suresh Shah, Pathfinders Enterprise
An experienced and qualified Business Coach, holding hands of your senior
Team, for implementing the solutions. Always with you, on journey.